Why do I need a building envelope consultant?
A building envelope, curtain wall or cladding consultant can provide significant value to a project—proactively helping the design team avoid future failures. Here's how:
- Expert Design
- Balancing Cost with Performance
- Avoiding Problems and Failures
- On-hand Technical Resources
- Independent Representation
- Litigation Support and Expert Witness
- LEED Services
When should I hire a building envelope consultant?
Time and time again, we see that it is critical to involve a consultant as soon in the project as possible - at the beginning of the Delegated Design Phase or sooner.
Here’s why: In many instances, building enclosure contractor pricing is based on DD (or early CD) documents is gathered by the project team. At this time of budget pricing, the design details and performance criteria are usually not fully developed and may not incorporate best practices aimed at avoiding premature deficiencies. The pricing from these early exercises usually sets the bar for project budgets and solidifies the category budgets used in the pro forma financial evaluation for verifying project feasibility. A specialist consultant hired subsequent to the aforementioned activities may suggest revisions or inclusions to the design, potentially increasing the anticipated construction budget. Going back to the drawing board at this point puts the project team in a tough position, often jeopardizing project schedule and budget.
Why should I choose Wheaton Sprague as my building envelope consultant?
Here are some reasons to consider Wheaton Sprague as the consultant of choice for the enclosure or curtain wall of your project:
- PRACTICE: Wheaton Sprague has increased credibility as a consultant because they also practice engineering, providing diverse resources and practical solutions for each issue.
- LEADERSHIP: Experienced industry professionals who have provided leadership to client teams relative to the building envelope or curtain wall requirements of a project.
- QUALIFIED PEOPLE OF INTEGRITY: Qualified, experienced professionals with in-depth, real world building envelope and curtain wall experience, not just on drawings, but on the side of buildings.
- CLIENT CARE: We strive to have early involvement so that we can address potential problems.
- QUALITY ASSURANCE: We have been ranked by risk management associations as a top tier professional services firm in the Building Envelope industry.
- DIVERSE RESOURCES: Full engineering division, integration of PEs, latest versions of AutoCAD, BIM, Blast and Thermal Analysis resources, current technical library.