When an enclosure is exhibiting problems, or has reached
the end of its useful life, Wheaton Sprague Building Envelope can assist in the process toward
rehabilitation, re-cladding or re-skinning of the project. Working with our
client, WS will provide the following services:
- Investigation of existing conditions
- Testing to assess capacities of existing framing and anchors to support a new system
- Assist the architect in developing a repair approach or re-skin system concept
- Assist in the development of construction documents, technical specifications and drawing details
- Aid in the bidding and negotiations for contracting of the work
- Review of shop drawings and structural calculations
- Oversee the mock-up submittals and testing
- Provide field and in-plant observations and oversee water testing
Some sample re-clad projects are listed below:
- University of West Virginia | Design & Engineering for Curtain wall Re-cladding, Parkersburg W. Va.
- 32 West 18th Street | Engineering for Window Replacement, New York, New York
- Ford Motor Plant| Engineering for Historic Window Re-cladding, Dearborn, Michigan
- 59-17 Junction Building | Engineering for Curtain wall Re-cladding, Queens, New York
- 100 North Riverside Reglazing | Engineering for Reglazed Area of Curtain wall, Chicago, Illinois
- John Hay High School | Consulting for Monumental Window Replacement, Cleveland, Ohio
- Yale University | Design and Detailing for Various Historic Window Replacement project, New Haven, Connecticut
- 100 Constitution Plaza | Engineering for Curtain wall Re-cladding, University of Connecticut, Hartford, Connecticut
- 400 Metro Consulting and Feasability Review for Curtain wall Replacement, Columbus, Ohio
- Fenn Tower, CSU| Engineering for Window wall replacement, Cleveland State University, Cleveland Ohio
- Detroit Institute of Arts |Consultant for New and Existing Building Stone Facade Installation, Detroit, Michigan
- Pacific Guardian Center | Curtain wall Cladding Study & Due Diligence Report, Honolulu, Hawaii
- Northfield Park | Design and Engineering for Curtain wall Replacement and Re-cladding, Northfield, Ohio
- Hartford Tower Reglaze |Engineering for Curtain wall Re-glazing, Hartford, Connecticut
- U.S. Post Office / Courthouse |Engineering for Curtain wall re-glazing Pierre, South Dakota
- Cesar Chavez Memorial Building | Engineering for Curtain wall re-glazing, Denver, Colorado
- The Pentagon |Consultant for facade assessment and re-clad / window replacement, Washington, D.C.
- Duke University | Consultant for facade assessment and re-clad, Raleigh, N.C.
- Cunz Hall, OSU | Consultant for facade assessment and re-clad, Columbus, OH
- University of Cincinnati Aronoff Center for Art & Design | Consultant for facade re-clad, Cincinnati, OH
This list is updated regularly. Please check back. For information regarding re-clad, rehabilitation or reskin projects, please contact us.
For a complete list of consulting project experience highlights, please click here.