The goal of providing a model for the exterior cladding system is to have design issues and conflicts between facade building components worked out prior to the commencement of construction, in an effort to save time and money at all stages of the construction process. At the heart of the process is an authoritative building information model from which to extract the data to create a complete, accurate set of construction documents.
A BIM (Building Information Modeling) model for a curtain wall, or building´┐Żs exterior cladding system, is a digital representation of the physical and functional characteristics of that system.
The model represents the definitive and authoritative guidelines from which the construction contractors and subcontractors will build with minimal deviation.
Benefits of utilizing a building model prior to construction may include:
- Safer worksite due to more pre-assembled items coming from offsite.
- Design issues resolved prior to construction
- Onsite trade construction at a minimum
- Instant changes perpetuate throughout the drawing package as one feature is revised
- Minimized down time due to conflicts
Using Revit Architecture software, Wheaton Sprague has the capabilities to provide Building Information Modeling for the Building Envelope.
*Revit Architecture Software: Revit by Autodesk, is software used for building information modeling (BIM). It facilitates a new way of working collaboratively between the architect, engineer and individual trades to create a model with consistent, reliable design information ´┐Ż enabling faster decision-making and coordination, better documentation, and the ability to evaluate sustainable building and infrastructure design alternatives using analysis to predict performance before breaking ground
Visit curtainwallbim.blogspot for more topics relating to BIM
Wheaton Sprague features the following BIM Services:
1) Clash Detection Modeling ´┐Ż to meet architect/GC requirements for coordination between trades.
2) Sales and Marketing Modeling ´┐Ż to showcase customer´┐Żs product as a presentation tool to aid customer in winning projects.
3) Construction Modeling and Shop Drawings ´┐Ż detailed model according to customer´┐Żs needs.
4) Material Take-Offs ´┐Ż for use in material orders
For BIM related services, please Email Us!