Blast Analysis & Design
The protection of people and structures is vitally important to Wheaton S. Whether to prevent an intentional act of devastation or an accidental explosion, it is critical that a member of the design team has a specialized expertise in the design and analysis for blast and weapons effects on the curtain wall or facade of the building.
Wheaton Sprague offers the following blast analysis and design capabilities:
- Analysis of glass lites utilizing Wingard Software to determine if a particular glass lite meets the specified response criteria, and determine the ultimate glazing capacity of the glass lite based on specified requirements.
- Understanding of balanced design philosophies and capable of designing curtain wall or cladding systems based on that philosophy.
- Understanding of ISC Security Design Criteria, UFC 4-010-01, and ASTM F-1642-04
- Determination of the acceptability of curtain wall and window framing systems in meeting specified requirements using Single Degree of Freedom (SDOF) Dynamic Analysis.
- Capable of providing curtain wall or facade designs based on SDOF Dynamic Analysis in response to a specified threat
- Analysis of connections of framing members based on specified requirements.
- Analysis of anchor conditions based on specified requirements.
- Complete calculation packages for glass analysis, vertical mullion design, horizontal mullion design, framing connection design, and anchor design for window systems and curtain wall systems.
For more in-depth needs, WS utilizes Weidlinger Protective Design for blast resistant protective design and analysis services.
View a curtain wall blast test video being done at the University of Kentucky